Sunday, May 4, 2008

What a day!

Pre-race
Mile 8

Mile 13...feeling great...8500 runners started, 6000 were 1/2 marathoners, so at this point there were only 2500 of us left...the last half felt very lonely!!! Thanks goodness my parents were there to cheer me on and take these pics!


Mile 18...is it over yet?

Finishing strong...my unofficial time was a little under 5hours 8minutes.

All done! Feeling good and happy to have crossed this off my list of things to do!

My good shoes that are now in the trash!

I'll write more at another time...my husband is amazing and I came home to a huge spread from DiBruno Bros, with friends and family coming over to celebrate my accomplishment. He also had the house professionally cleaned...what an amazing husband...I could not have done this without him, or my family who supported me the whole way! Thanks everyone! I love you all.

1 comment:

Madara Family said...

I CAN'T TELL YOU ENOUGH HOW PROUD I AM!!!!!!!!!! You kicked that marathon's ass babe!!!! Cross that off of your list of lifelong accomplishments!!!!