So week two. It was not what I planned. It was Aaron's birthday week but we're not having his party till April so I figured it wouldn't really get in the way. It didn't but the bronchiolitis/pneumonia and a few doctor's trips did! So, thanks to Alex who helped push me a bit to run a little rather than give up the whole day of running (run 2 miles rather than 4 if time gets away from me and it's the end of the day...) I ran a few short runs on the treadmill (I hate running on the treadmill and have no attention span for it). Not my favorite thing but at least I ran. And since I really had limited time on those days to run, I focused on speed rather than distance. So I had three days where I ran 2 miles in less than 20 minutes. I ran hard but it really was kind of a fun change of pace (literally!) for me. I did get my long run in, I ran 5.2 miles on a beautiful day and had a great time doing it. My hips were really sore afterward but I felt fine after 24 hours. I used an app on my iPhone called run keeper and was able to see my distance, my time, and my average pace. I actually run faster outside than I expected! I also walked to and from work twice this weekend which is a total of 5.2 miles...so my total for this week is:
Week 1: 13.4 miles running, 4 running days
Week 2: 11.2 miles running, 5.2 miles walking, 4 running days
Next weeks' goals:
5 running days, long run of 5 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment