Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Passover blues

Our passover this year was not as fun as it normally is...Aaron had pneumonia caused by Croup that he had a few weeks prior, and a double ear infection. Poor Kailani (my niece) had the freakin chicken pox...poor baby! I offered to take Kailani for two days since Christy couldn't send her to daycare and she needed to work. So I stayed home with the sick babies and sent Charlie and Alex to the Seder both the first and second nights of Passover. Above Charlie is showing me his "ready stance" for martial arts...

and here, he is showing off how handsome he is! I got this shirt/tie for him thinking it would be adorable and I was right! The first night of Passover is a big family "reunion" of sorts. Everyone is there who we usually only see once a year. This year, Charlie said the four questions in English and it was great (from what I hear). I didn't have much time to work on it with him. I planned on needing weeks and with Aaron being sick for over 3 weeks with Croup and now pneumonia, and with my various injuries/accidents...I just didn't get to it until a few days before the Seder. That's all I needed anyway. Oh my, this kid has a brain like a sponge. He remembers things so easily and retains the information over so many days! He stood up on a chair and grabbed the microphone and recited them from memory in front of a large crowd. Althought I wasn't there, I was so proud!


He did it again the second night, a Seder held at my brother-in-laws house. Aaron and I were not there again as he was still sick and Kailani was still with us. I wish I had seen it in person but hearing about how great he was is fun too! So proud of my little man who seems completely unfazed by things that would make other kids, and adults alike, nervous wrecks!

No comments: