Monday, January 7, 2008

Accidents do happen




We went to a birthday party at Gymboree in KOP on Sunday. Charlie had a great time and then about ten minutes into the event, he was playing basketball and tripped himself up on a ball and fell face forward, full force, nothing else to cushion the fall, onto his face. As I was standing right there, I picked him up and saw that his whole mouth was FILLED with blood. Apparently I was calm but all I could think was that he'd knocked his teeth out, bit his tongue off, etc. I know, very dramatic, but it's hard to keep your mind from racing. He calmed down rather quickly, we soaked the blood up with paper towels and saw that he had left a nice imprint of his teeth on his tongue and the inside of his bottom lip. You could see the teeth on the outside of the lip too but it was bruised not broken through.

He's fine, he held onto me for a while, wiped snot and blood and tears all over a my new sweater (thank God it was red!), and eventually played some more. I hate to have him get hurt. I know that's what being a toddler is all about but really, it's no fun. Fortunately I go into "nurse" mode and knowing that it's not life threatening, I can keep him calm and not freak out until after he's over it and off playing. But with the asthma and tubes and everything, you'd think he'd catch a break! Anyway, we managed to get some cute shots of him playing post-accident.




1 comment:

Tammy said...

Poor Charlie! I hope he's feeling better! There is nothing worse than seeing your baby's blood. Just so you know it doesnt get any easier as they get older.

this blogging thing is confusing to me.