Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Ear infection number.....?
Well, I think I found the reason for Charlie's crankiness, fever, and general unhappiness the past several days. He woke up from his nap yesterday (monday) with yellow pus draining from his right ear. Yes folks, another ear infection! We were at the doctor's on friday and the woman who saw him remarked that his ears were prettier than she's ever seen them, but to keep an eye out for drainage because of his recent "acting like he has an ear infection" and fever. Well, it came to a "head" and started draining. I do like to have a reason for his crankiness, and I am sure he's also going through a growth spurt, but another ear infection! Come on! At least there's no antibiotic to get filled. No doctor to go see. The rules from ENT are: see drainage, gives floxin drops for five days. They gave me something like 10 refills because you also use it if he dunks his head underwater more than two feet, or swims in a lake or pond...yeah right! Oh well, Charlie gets ear infections...there are worse things for sure. Does this mean he'll be a really good teenager for us?!?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sara Kealoha ... your little(?) cousin Jake had chronic ear infections as a tot. We were headed for tubes and a friend of mine suggested trying chiropractic first. I rolled my eyes and guffawed, and then thought ... what the heck. He responded almost miraculously. No more antibiotics, no more ear infections. I'd just take him in for a minor adjustment whenever he started acting funky. It worked for him!
Post a Comment