Before i get to the reason for the title of the post, the above picture is an example of Charlie's new ability to draw and recognize some letters. Something I am sure they are teaching him in school because I haven't even begun to try that at home. The "H" in the upper left of the picture is mine, all the others, and the "W's" are Charlie's. He most certainly headed for greatness with this kind of ability!
Now for the title...Aaron had his Bris on Monday. This is the ceremony where Jewish babies are circumcised. It is normally done on day 8 of life but because of his early arrival, time in the hospital, etc, we waited until he was gaining weight and doing well on the monitor. So it was Monday. It was done in our house (as was Charlie's). It was a nice affair and my mom was super generous bringing and preparing all the food. Aaron fared well, and Charlie was convinced that the party was for him and got confused when there were no presents given...that's my boy! Above, he Charlie is being an angel and looking super handsome.
Mommy and her boys...does it get any better than this?
He looks concerned...do you think he knows what's about to happen?!
With his godmom Aunt Christy...he'sending good vibes to her little peanut she's growing in her belly!
Right after...not too upset...baby that is, I was a bit shaken!
With Aaron's godparents...my sister and her hubby Michael.
Aaron is doing very well. We went to the doctor's this morning for a weight check and he weighs 6lbs 15oz~ that's a really great weight gain! He also got Synagis (RSV vaccine) for which we were very grateful to have approval from our insurance company. It's one shot per month through RSV season (6 months long) and each shot cost $1000.00. But hopefully Aaron will get the protection and not end up getting RSV which is what led to Charlie getting asthma so young. He got RSV when he was 4 months old and never had the vaccine.Aaron is eating well, has less choking/blue episodes during eating, and therefor sets off the monitor less and less. He loves his bassinet and sleeps for good 3 hour stretches in it. He's not such a fan of the swing or the bouncy seat. If he's fussy and has been fed and has a dry diaper, all I do is put him in his bassinet and he's quiet...kind of nice! He's a bit more high maintenance than Charlie thus far. He knows what he wants and how he wants certain things (Charlie was chill however and wherever he was...almost too easy)...but Aaron sleeps well and calms easily once you figure out the problem!
Charlie is doing well. We had two days last week where we had some major issues (coloring on the walls, pooping his pants on purpose) but we've ironed out some kinks in our approach to him and he seems to be doing okay. He's also back in school this week and we are all (Charlie included) happy about that! He's still there 4 days a week and we won't make him full time until later in the summer, maybe fall.
Alex has two big job interviews coming up so please keep him in your thoughts...he wants and needs a job and we are hoping for anything at this point!
I am doing well, feeling better about my ability to manage everything...learning to let some things go (the beds don't need to be made EVERY day, there can be some dishes in the sink at times, etc. ) and physically I feel great. I am hoping the doctor clears me to start running again when I see her on Monday because I'm thinking that I might try running broad street next month...we'll see! Hope everyone is well and I'll get more pics up as i take them!
No comments:
Post a Comment