Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Aaron update
Hello all, first, thank you for the well wishes and kind phone calls. It sucks being in the hospital again with my little guy but he's getting better and we will hopefully be home tomorrow. He had the airway study and they did not find any masses or hemangiomas, rather they found tracheomalacia which is essentially a weakening of the cartilage that supports the trachea leading to collapse of his airway when he cries or eats or lays on his back. So they think what this all is, is that he got a virus (one they couldn't find, but is clearly there due to his high fever) and it knocked him down even more because of the tracheomalacia and reflux and therefor he couldn't breathe or eat or do what he needed to do. The liver thing, they are attributing to "viral syndrome"...I guess some viruses can hit the liver as well...he'll have follow-up lab work in the next couple of weeks to make sure it's all back to normal. His heart, he'll be followed down the road...but he has been followed already because he has a baseline tachycardia...so we'll just keep an eye on it. And we'll go to the GI clinic to make sure we're on the best reflux meds because him aspirating, even a little, will make the tracheomalacia worse. His fever has been less that 100 for 6 hours now, no Tylenol for 8 hours...if he has a good night, we'll go home tomorrow. My mom is an angel and brought Charlie and Alex up to see us tonight. We went and had dinner with Charlie while my mom stayed with a very fussy Aaron baby. It was nice to get off the floor and spend time with Charlie. I wouldn't know what to do without such an amazing mom. I hope I can be half the mom she is...thanks mom! We are also trying the Dr. Browns bottles to see if they help Aaron feed better. I've been resisting them b/c I feel like they are mostly hype and maybe a little bit helpful...but at this point, I will try anything to get him to a better place. Our nurse today was fantastic...I loved her. She was very accommodating and let him and I sleep and did her stuff while he was up and awake...thank you! Charlie is dealing with this ok...he thought they playroom here was just the coolest thing ever. We had to tell him that it was closing (turned off the lights, shut the door) so that he would leave without a huge fuss...the little white lies don't hurt right?!?! I'll let you know when we are home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment