Thursday, May 28, 2009

Update with lots of pictures

First I will start this off with two facts...1. Aaron is home from the hospital! He's still not feeling great and pretty miserable, but he's fever free and home which means that I am home...yeah! 2. Alex got a job...after 11 months, he got two job offers in the same day (today) and both were incredible opportunities. He chose the one that will be better hours, better pay, better upward mobility, and better lighting for his eyes. We are SOOOOOO happy!
Now on to the pictures.Charlie playing in the sand
Aaron sleeping...he slept like this for 2 hours! This of course meant that I got sunburned because I was planning on spending no time in the sun, thinking I'd be under the umbrella trying to convince Aaron that the beach is not a place to cry...but he slept, the weather was perfect, low 70's breezy, and sunny...prefect weather for getting burned!

It's hard to see but there was a very pretty but random rainbow that appeared in the afternoon...it was a straight line across the sky
Aunt Christy trying to get Aaron to smile...
My dad being interviewed by the local news station
Don't know why this is turned, but here's Charlie passed out the first night we were at the beach
Aaron chilling while we ate a yummy breakfast at the Starboard
Charlie and Daddy at breakfast
Aaron snoozing
Charlie playing on the boardwalk. He and Alex spent lots of time riding rides and playing games on the boardwalk...oh and eating lunch at Hooters!
Riding the boats
Aaron "patiently" waiting for Charlie to be done riding rides...
Bode being super cute
And onto the hospital...we got discharged this morning and were home by early afternoon. It's good to be home but he's still really fussy. It is easier to deal with a fussy baby at home than in the hospital where he was attached to the monitor so there was limited ability to walk the halls. The above picture is when he was super feverish. I cannot believe he had such a high fever for almost 24 hours straight with just a few dips thanks to round the clock Tylenol. They didn't want to give him Motrin because of the liver size and elevated enzymes. Poor baby was writhing in pain...
Less feverish but still feeling crappy
Chilling in a hospital seat yesterday


He still has a yucky cough and is still not himself but viruses take a little while to get out of your system, so hopefully another week and he'll be better. We have to get some more testing done outpatient to look for further things that might be causing him breathing and GI distress (vascular ring, hemangiomas elsewhere) and we have to follow up with GI and Cardiology. But we are home, and Alex has a job and things are really looking up!

3 comments:

Madara Family said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! We are so excited for all of the news!!! Give Aaron lots of kisses for me.... just tell Alex congrats, no kisses for him haha!

Anonymous said...

im so happy that alex got a job and aaron is better.its about time things started going your way.

abby said...

I don't know how I totally missed everything that's been going on, but I am happy to hear that Aaron is home from the hospital and that Alex got a great job.

Yes, colds worsen reflux---a lot, in our experience. Cutting milk with pedialyte helped in those cases.

Have they considered whether thickening Aaron's milk might prevent aspiration? Is the aspiration on the way down or the way up (during reflux incidents)? What meds is Aaron on and have they considered trying him on a PPI rather than an H2 blocker? Let me know if you want to brainstorm about all things reflux.

Hallie also had tracheomalacia, and it definitely improved with time. I know that doesn't help now, but hopefully will give you some solace that things will likely improve in the future.

And, finally, I love the pics of the boys. How cute!