
Charlie asked me the other day about leaving water out, why it gets warm when it used to be cold, etc. I asked him what he thought would happen if we left a glass of only ice out...then we got an idea to do a science experiment!

We left the above glass of ice out on the counter for the night. I asked him before he went to bed what he thought would happen to the ice. He said that it would all melt into water. I explained to him that he just formed a hypothesis. He got excited and said, "I've never had a hypoptesis before, this is my first one!" So the next morning, we found the above picture...the ice had all melted. He was pretty excited to see the change!

Then we had an idea to put a glass of ice in the refrigerator. I asked him what he thought would happen and he said that it would melt a little. So, we left the glass in the fridge overnight and here's what we found...a little but of ice melted.
I was pretty excited that he was thinking to this level and was interested in seeing what would happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment