
Oh the beautiful sea turtles! When we were in Barbados, we went snorkeling with sea turtles. We did this 2 1/2 years ago with our last cruise. I had always gotten sea sick snorkeling and being on small boats, so I had no idea what to expect. It ended up being fantastic, amazing, better than I ever expected. Unfortunately I didn't buy a disposable underwater camera, so I had no images from that...I swore that if I got the chance again, I would swim with the turtles again, and get a camera!

So this cruise, we were going back to Barbados, and we booked the excursion to swim with the turtles! I also made sure I bought a camera! So the excursion takes us out on a catamaran, to a cove where there are wild hawksbill and green sea turtles often seen. They throw some fish parts in the water and the turtles come. This time, the water was extremely rough due to the hurricanes churning in the Atlantic...the ride out was rough on the boat, the swimming was almost impossible, and made it tough to enjoy. We saw turtles right away, one actually skimmed my stomach as it swam past me. But it was more about trying not to drown than enjoying the turtles! I was constantly trying to keep an eye on Alex, trying to stay afloat, and trying to take pictures came last. I was hoping for at least one picture, so when I went to the store to pick up my pictures, I was shocked to find several great pictures!

If you know me, you know that I love turtles. They are my favorite. They are so beautiful and peaceful to me. I will definitely do this again if I have the chance...I just can't believe how beautiful they are! Hope you enjoy the pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment