We had a fun filled weekend! We did lots of playing on Saturday. I went to Lowes and picked up supplies for a back splash that myself, my dad, and my sister's husband are installing in our kitchen next weekend. My long run was supposed to be Saturday but b/c of the humidity and heat and downpours off and on, I opted to go Sunday instead. So we played, Alex worked for the afternoon, and Charlie and I went to a birthday party at Gymboree for his friend Harrison (one of my former primaries in the NICU). He had a ton of fun and at one point found a blond haired mommy who he thought was great and he held her hand and played with her for a good 1/2 hour. He's my social butterfly! Sunday I planted new flowers and bushes in our front planters, and we had my parents and one of their friends come visit and stay for lunch. He got some fun new toys (jungle book lunch box which he calls his "jumma book case", a baseball glove that he likes to now play catch with, and some new cars). What a lucky guy! I did my 20 mile run which was okay. I felt incredible the first 11 miles and I guess ran it too fast because the last 9 miles were torture. I felt like I had nothing to give. I ended up running it in 3 hours 20 minutes which is 10 minutes faster than my last 20 miler...definitely too fast for me. There was a regatta going on which is normally pretty great because it gives me alot to look at but it seemed like every spectator was smoking...I find that terribly annoying. There was also alot of BBQ's going which added to the smoke. It was a nice day though, no rain, and only occasional wind gusts. I got to try out my racing gear and finally found an outfit that is comfortable (at least for 20 miles!). I am really looking forward to getting this over with. I feel like I am mentally starting to psych myself out. Less than three weeks away! After the run, we went out to eat with the little guy and then stopped at Alex's parent's house to say hi. Charlie got to taste his first Chocolate chip cookie...until now he thought a cookie was an animal cracker or Vanilla wafer. He Liked the real thing quite a bit! Here's some fun pics from this weekend:

Posing for the camera. Now, when he wants me to take his picture, he says "Cheese pease mommy". Very cute!





1 comment:
HAHAHAHAHAHA
I LOVE THE STICKER GLASSES!!!! he is getting sooo big!!! I can't wait to see him and spend quality time with all of you for more than a few hours!!
Post a Comment